How can I disable root user under Mac OS X v10.6?
- For the System Preferences menu> View > Accounts.
- Click on the lock and sign in with your administrator account.
- Select Login Options > Edit > Open Directory Utility
- Click the lock in the Directory Utility pane
- Enter an administrator account login information and click OK.
- From the edit menu select "Disable Root User"
This document, titled « Mac OSX v10.6 - Disabling the root user », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).