"Find My iPad" is an application that comes preinstalled in the iPhone/iPad, enabling you to locate your device on a map from any Web browser. Very useful in case of theft or loss. However, to make this application you must first activate it.
Enable Find My iPad
- On the home screen of your iPhone, go to "Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars> MobileMe"
- Activate "Find My iPad" and click "Ok"
Sign in to me.com
- To locate your phone go to me.com and log in with your Apple ID
- You immediately see a map showing the approximate location of your iPhone.
- You can request Find my iPad to take certain action such as:
- Display a message on the screen of the iPhone or make a sound.
- Lock your iPhone with a code to protect your information button (Lock)
- Delete all data from your device.