Here are some tips for FreeMind
users for greater efficiency through daily use of the program:
- Always open: Always leave FreeMind open.
- Close the items/branches that are not related current context. Only keep branches that are likely to be useful, right now. (Too much information kills information.) Do not hesitate to open/close branches in order to have a view that corresponds to your current task.
- Any new idea or thing to do must immediately be noted (press the Insert key once and type your text: No matter where you type the text you can move it later.).
- Keep it short: Ideally, one word per sheet of your tree. Long texts should only be placed in the terminal leaves.
- Rearrange/sort items: Move the information where it should be, rearrange them.
- Highlight: Use visual cues: fonts, colors, icons, cloud.
- Review the open branches several times a day and over again.
- Regularly update the information
- Highlight the information deemed as importan
- Delete the obsolete ones
- Every week, review your entire mind-map
- Make backup copies of your mindmap
All this information may seem cumbersome, but if you do not apply these rules, your mindmap may become obsolete.
Published by jak58
Latest update on December 2, 2012 at 04:46 AM by jak58.