If your SD card is full of junk and you want to format it, this operation can be done directly from your phone:
- First you should unmount the memory card.:
- Tap on Menu > Applications > Settings > Storage > Unmount SD card
- Validate with the Ok button
- Once done tap on Format SD card > Erase everything.
- Galaxy S II - Formatting the memory card
- How to format a memory card that is write protected - Guide
- I can't format 8gb memory card ✓ - Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card
- FORMAT OF MEMORY CARD IN SONY ERICSSON W595? ✓ - Forum - Mobile
- Strontium memory card format tool ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- Memory card format app for android - Guide
This document, titled « Galaxy S II - Formatting the memory card », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).