By default Steam will begin automatically when you turn on your PC. If you want to change these settings and prevent Steam from being automatically launched, follow the steps in this guide.
- Connect to your Steam Account
- Go to the Preferences menu
- On the left hand menu, select Interface
- By default the option Run Steam When Computer Starts is selected. Uncheck this box to disable this option.
- Select OK to save the changes.
The next time that you turn on your computer, Steam will not be automatically launched.
Note: On this page you can also enable or disable the setting to "Display Steam URL Address Bar When Available".
Photo by bantersnaps on Unsplash