When trying to open an attachment with Thunderbird, below error message appears on your screen:
[Thunderbird] error message: "Unable to save the attachment. Please check the filename and try again."
This is due to a forwarded message that itself contain an attachment which however generates a bug under thunderbird. This is actually being worked by Thunderbird team which will be corrected for the future version.
- Below is a temporary proposed solution
- Click on View and then View attachments in messages .
- If the first does not work, or if there are more than two messages, you can save the file on your hard disk.
- Then right click on the file and click on Save as >OK
- Then open the file from your desktop.
- Open the attachment by double clicking on it.
- Unable to open an attachment with Thunderbird
- Unable to copy multiple attachments in outlook 2016 ✓ - Forum - Office Software
- How to Send Large File Attachments With Thunderbird - How-To - Thunderbird
- Unable to download yahoomail attachments ✓ - Forum - Yahoo Mail
- Unable to download my attachments in new Yahoo Mail ! ✓ - Forum - Yahoo Mail
- Unable to attach file in gmail - How-To - Gmail