Sometimes you can accidentally save the wrong version of an Excel document and want to recover the previous version of the file. Don’t worry, it’s feasible and will take only 5 minutes of your time. Just follow the steps detailed below.
How To Recover a Previous Version of an Excel File
- Go to the folder where the file is stored and make a right-click (without opening the file)
- Go into Property and click on the Previous Versions tab, then select the date for which you want the file to be restored.
- Make sure you have the autosave option on, otherwise, follow this guide about how to enable autosave and recover unsaved documents.
Image: © Dzmitry Kliapitski - 123RF.com
- Recover previous version of excel
- Restore previous version of excel file - Best answers
- Excel previous version - Best answers
- No previous version of windows nt can be found on your computer ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Download previous version of app ios - How-To - Mobile
- Excel /VBA - Delete hyperlinks (All versions) - How-To - Excel
- Excel (all versions) - How to copy a simple formula? - How-To - Excel
- Disable the Auto Recover Feature for a Specific Workbook in Excel - How-To - Excel