I've just change updated my system and changed my screen. The problem is that the display does not fill the entire screen, there are still black band around.
The screen is connected to HDMI, and connected to the PC via the DVI of my ATI graphics card.
Launch the ATI Catalyst Control Center in advanced mode
- Select Graphics > Desktop
- Click on the small screen icon below the "Select Resolution" and click on Configure.
- In the DTV(HDMI)3 menu, go to Scaling and adjust your screen size to your convenience.
- ATI card - Black borders around the screen
- Graphics card black screen after boot - How-To - Monitor
- How to get the black bars off tv screen - How-To - Hardware
- White shady border around laptop screen ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- Acer laptop blue light on but screen is black - Forum - Laptop
- Lenovo laptop screen goes black when plugged in - How-To - Laptop computer