Under Linux, to view your outgoing network connections in real time, open a terminal and type the following commands:
sudo watch lsof-i
It will display:
- The name of the program making that connection (COMMAND) and its PID
- The user who started this program (USER)
- The address of connection
This display is updated every 2 seconds.
Netstat is the command used to view the network in real time under Windows.
Proceed as follow:
- Go to menu start and select run.
- Then type netstat and click on OK.
Published by netty5
Latest update on November 8, 2009 at 05:24 AM by jak58.