As you may have noticed the widgets are locked to the dashboard. Here's a simple command that shall allow the drag and drop of widgets from the Dashboard.
- Open a terminal and enter the following command.
defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES
- Enter the following command:
- Press F12 or F4 to open the Dashboard.
- From there your can freely move the widgets.
- To close the Dashboard, simply press F12 or F4 again.
This document, titled « MacOS - Re-organize your widgets (Dashboard) », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).