If you're using Google Toolbar with your browser (IE, Firefox..etc), you can configure it to automatically open search results in a new tab.
Here's how to proceed:
- Click on the small wrench icon located at the left side of the toolbar and select "Options" > "Search"
- In the right pane, use the small menu next to "Open searches in" to select "
- Click on the Save button.
- Google toolbar - Always open searches in a new tab
- Google won't clear search history - How-To - Web
- Google chrome do not search from address bar - How-To - Google Chrome
- How do i restore my google toolbar? - How-To - Google
- Google Trends- Monitor YouTube search data - How-To - Google
- Google Testing ‘Stories’ for Search Results - News
This document, titled « Google toolbar - Always open searches in a new tab », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).