in Windows based systems may sometimes fail to launch. This happens if the sound card drivers
are not properly installed. One therefore has to do the appropriate installation by downloading from the manufacturer's website or that of the motherboard's maker if the sound card is an in-built one. If this does not work, there are other solutions. Users have to access Auto Start option from Control Panel
and restart the audio service
, or they have to install Audio Codecs
from Control Panel options to make the Audio Mixer
If the audio mixer of Windows fails to launch, make sure that you have installed the drivers for the sound card. You can download these from the site of the manufacturer, or by visiting the manufacturer of the motherboard if you have an in-built sound card (Realtek AC97).
If this still doesn't work, you can try the steps below:
Forcing the start of Windows Audio Service
- Control Panel (Performance and Maintenance)
- Administrative Tools
- Right-click on Windows Audio and select Properties
- Select Type Auto-start
- Click the Recovery tab and select "restart the service" field in each place
Installation of standard audio codecs
If that does not work, we also recommend that you follow these steps.
- "Control Panel"
- "Add Hardware"
- "Yes, I have already connected the hardware"
- At the bottom of the list "Add a new hardware device"
Install the hardware that I manually select from a list
- "Sound, video and game controllers"
- "Standard System Devices "/" Audio Codecs"
- "Next" / "Done"
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 6, 2016 at 03:48 PM by owilson.