How to create a (private) Minecraft server?
- First download the package provided by Minecraft:
- Unzip the file and then launch "Start-server.bat"
- If you have this error
- "Java' is not recognized as ..."
- Open Start-server.bat with notepad
- Right click: Open with notepad for example.
- You get this:
Java -Xms512M -Xmx512M -cp minecraft-server.jar com.mojang.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer
- Replace Java by the exact path to access a java.exe
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -Xms512M -Xmx512M -cp minecraft-server.jar com.mojang.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer
Launch Start-server and if you get this message:
Your server is launched!
A link will be generated in "External_url.txt" , share it with your friends.
Note that: If the other users can't connect to your server, you need to:
- Enable the TCP and UDP port 25565 for the Minecraft server.
- Enable Port forwarding (for port 25565) in your router/modem settings.
Thanks to lol952
for this tip
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on February 3, 2013 at 06:43 AM by deri58.