To reset corrupted toolbars/controls under Firefox, first:
- Close all running instances of Firefox .
- Start Firefox in Safe mode, two methods are available:
- Method 1 - While holding the Shift button, double click on the Firefox desktop shortcut to access the safe mode.
- Method 2 - You can type the following command in the run tab: "firefox.exe -safe-mode"
- A small dialog will be displayed.
- Check "Reset toolbars and controls" and click on "Make Changes and Restart"
This document, titled « Firefox - Reset the toolbars and controls to default state », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).