Files that you save on your flash drive can be lost lost from the hardware. Autorun Exterminator software protects your PC against those viruses which use the autorun.inf file in the hardware to infect the system. It monitors all the drives, checking for the file autorun.inf in the root of the drive. If it finds it, it will automatically delete it. If you find your files missing from the flash drive, the reason is all the files from the drive have become system files due to viruses, when you connected to your system. To reinstate your files from the drive you need to have this Autorun Exterminator and make sure that Show Hidden Files and Folders option is enabled.
Files are missing from my flash drive. How can I get them back?
- Click on the link below and download the file "AutorunExterminator":
- Extract it, then double-click on AutorunExterminator. Plug your External hard drive now.
- Click on Start --> Run --> Type control folders and press Enter.
- "Folder Options" will be opened.
- Click on "View" tab --> Select the option "Show hidden files and folders" and
- Uncheck the check box "Hide protected operating system files" and click on OK.
- Now look for your files in your flash drive.
Thanks to jack4rall