Here below is the procedure to access hidden files on external storage media, such as USB keys or HDD, using AutorunExterminator.
- Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator":
- Click here
- Extract it and double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your External hard drive now.
- This will remove the autorun.inf files from your External hard disk drive and also from the drives.
Click on "Start" -->Run --> "cmd" and click on OK.
- Here I assume your External hard drive as G:
- Enter this command.
- attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
- You can copy the above command and then do a right-click in the Command Prompt and paste it.
- Note : Replace the letter g with your External hard drive letter.
- Now check for your files in External Drive.
- After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the below link
- click here
- Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"
- Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".