is an effective anti-malware software
that removes infections and other malicious software from the computer. It is available for free and can be downloaded from the internet. However, the MalwareByte anti-malware software must be updated
regularly for effectiveness and security. MalwareBytes's automatic updates
are available for free and can be configured for Windows XP and Windows Vista. In a Windows XP operating system, the runupdateterminate option
can be used for automatic updates of MalwareByte
. For Windows Vista, the update-terminate
option in the argument ensures automatic updates are downloaded for MalwareBytes
according to the period specified.
's Anti-Malware is a good software to remove infections:if you're using the free version, here's how to configure the automatic update of the program.
Here are the steps for Windows XP:
You can do the same for automatic scanning. The commands for:
- A quick scan:
- A full scan:
/scan -full -terminate
Click on Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Task Scheduler.
In the Task Scheduler, right in the Actions column, choose Create a basic task
Set the desired name (eg Update MBAM).
Select the frequency of update:
- When starting the computer
- At the opening of a session
- and more.....
- Click Next and other choices are available.
- Click Next and then select Start a program and click on Next.
- Click on Browse and select the file C:\Program Files\ Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
- In argument, put /update -terminate then click Next.
- Check the box to open the task properties and click Finish.
- A new window will open, go to the General tab, check Run with highest privileges and click OK.
For the automatic scan, the procedure is the same as for XP!
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 6, 2016 at 03:33 PM by owilson.