MalwareByte is an effective anti-malware software that removes infections and other malicious software from the computer. It is available for free and can be downloaded from the internet. However, the MalwareByte anti-malware software must be updated regularly for effectiveness and security. MalwareBytes's automatic updates are available for free and can be configured for Windows XP and Windows Vista. In a Windows XP operating system, the runupdateterminate option can be used for automatic updates of MalwareByte. For Windows Vista, the update-terminate option in the argument ensures automatic updates are downloaded for MalwareBytes according to the period specified.
MalwareByte's Anti-Malware is a good software to remove infections:if you're using the free version, here's how to configure the automatic update of the program.
Here are the steps for Windows XP:
- Click Start > All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Scheduled Tasks.
- Choose Create a scheduled task.
- Click Next, then Browse ...
- Select the file C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
- Choose a name for the scheduled task and then choose from these choices:
- Every week
- Every month
- When my computer starts
- At the opening of a session
- Click on Next and other choices available (Your choice).
- Click Next. If you do not want a password, there is a small modification in the register or you'll get an error. Run this file to make the change. To restore the default, you must run this file.
- Click Done.
- Right-click on this new task and then Properties. In Run, add / runupdateterminate. Observe the space after the quotes. It provides:
"C:\ProgramFiles\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" / runupdateterminate
You can do the same for automatic scanning. The commands for:
- A quick scan:
- A full scan:
/scan -full -terminate
Click on Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Task Scheduler.
In the Task Scheduler, right in the Actions column, choose Create a basic task.
Set the desired name (eg Update MBAM).
Select the frequency of update:
- When starting the computer
- At the opening of a session
- and more.....
- Click Next and other choices are available.
- Click Next and then select Start a program and click on Next.
- Click on Browse and select the file C:\Program Files\ Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
- In argument, put /update -terminate then click Next.
- Check the box to open the task properties and click Finish.
- A new window will open, go to the General tab, check Run with highest privileges and click OK.
For the automatic scan, the procedure is the same as for XP!
- MalwareByte's automatic update
- How to automatically update one excel worksheet from another sheet ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Autopopulating multiple sheets from one main sheet ✓ - Forum - Excel
- How to automatically update one excel worksheet from another workbook ✓ - Forum - Excel
- How to Configure Automatic Update Settings on Android Devices - How-To - Android
- Windows XP - How to disable the Automatic update feature - How-To - Windows XP