is an effective anti-malware software
that removes infections and other malicious software from the computer. It is available for free and can be downloaded from the internet. However, the MalwareByte anti-malware software must be updated
regularly for effectiveness and security. MalwareBytes's automatic updates
are available for free and can be configured for Windows XP and Windows Vista. In a Windows XP operating system, the runupdateterminate option
can be used for automatic updates of MalwareByte
. For Windows Vista, the update-terminate
option in the argument ensures automatic updates are downloaded for MalwareBytes
according to the period specified.
's Anti-Malware is a good software to remove infections:if you're using the free version, here's how to configure the automatic update of the program.
Here are the steps for Windows XP:
You can do the same for automatic scanning. The commands for:
- A quick scan:
- A full scan:
/scan -full -terminate
Click on Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Task Scheduler.
In the Task Scheduler, right in the Actions column, choose Create a basic task
Set the desired name (eg Update MBAM).
Select the frequency of update:
- When starting the computer
- At the opening of a session
- and more.....
- Click Next and other choices are available.
- Click Next and then select Start a program and click on Next.
- Click on Browse and select the file C:\Program Files\ Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
- In argument, put /update -terminate then click Next.
- Check the box to open the task properties and click Finish.
- A new window will open, go to the General tab, check Run with highest privileges and click OK.
For the automatic scan, the procedure is the same as for XP!