Power Point Show or PPS
is a tool in Microsoft Office
Power Point which is ideal for drafting presentations and slide shows. PPS
files can be opened through the program called Power Point Viewer
. This software can be downloaded for free
. If the files cannot be opened from the Tools folder in My Computer, the user should search for installed PPS files, and through the settings in Advanced Options, these files can be opened.
Opening a PPS FILE
, acronym for PowerPoint Show
, is a tool created by Microsoft Office PowerPoint for distinguished presentations and slideshows. PowerPoint enables you to draft your own presentation within different display and design templates.
To open PPS files, you can use PowerPoint viewer, the default program for opening PowerPoint show files. However if this application is not yet installed on your computer, you can download it free on this link: http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/powerpointviewer.html
- If you are still unable to open the PPS file, make sure the program has been installed properly
- Search your computer for all file types and scroll down to PPS files
- Click Advanced and the following box should appear
- Select Show and enter the following commands in the appropriate boxes:
- Application used to perform program: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\PowerPoint Viewer\pptview.exe"%1"
- Click on OK to save all changes. You will go back to the previous screen. You should now be able to open PPS files.
This document, titled « Opening a PPS FILE », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM