Your Windows session is being used by multiple users! Here is a solution for each user to directly access their Firefox profile, without using the profile manager. Simply create a shortcut for each Firefox user:
First you must go through the profile manager to create the different user profiles
You can access the manager, either directly as shown here, either by creating a shortcut with the following method:
- Make a copy of the shortcut to Firefox, right-clicking and then copy and paste it on your desktop.
- Right click on the shortcut, select "Properties" ... in the Shortcut tab, the default target address is:
- To access the profile manager, just add "-p" to it
- Click on the "General " tab and rename the file, for example "firefox profile management. "
- It remains only to create profiles, as shown below
- The aim is to give a name to each profile, but a name consisting of a single word. Example: Peter, Paul, Jacques ... and not "momo's cousin, the little sister" ...
- Now that everyone has a shortcut on the desktop, repeat the above manipulation, changing the address of the target, and this, as many times as necessary.
- Example: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p Jacques
- Also rename the shortcut accordingly: Firefox Jacques.
/ "\ Warning Case-sensitive. Otherwise it will not work / "\
- If the profile name is Jacques:
- "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p Jacques
- If the profile name is JacqueS:
- "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p JacqueS
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 8, 2014 at 06:30 AM by Jeff.