Websites like YouTube, Dailymotion and others, provide a non exhaustive source for video. Watching these videos directly from these sites may not be fluid if your connection is slow, the solution is to download these videos on a USB key or hard drive.
You can use the free software IVC for that purpose.
IVC can download videos from across the web to your PC, and convert easily to other formats.
IVC:Installation and first use
- First of all, you should download and install the software:
Internet Video Converter (IVC): http://download.cnet.com/Internet-Video-Converter-IVC-/3000-2140_4-189383.html
Note that: Under Vista and 7 you need to run the installation file by clicking the right button and selecting "Run as administrator".
Similarly, when launching the application, click on its icon from the desktop and selecting "Run as administrator".
At launch, the program displays its main window with several tabs.
- Open Video on the Web.
- Click the Reset.
- Deploy the "Download FLV video from: http://.............................
- Select the site that contains the video you want to download (here Youtube.com).
- Click on Go: The browser opens to the selected site.
- Once the browser open on the website, navigate to the video to download, once the page of the video displayed in the browser, click the address bar to select the URL, right-click and select Copy.
- Return to IVC and click the Paste button.
- Everything is now set to start downloading the video. Now click on Download. Once the file is downloaded, the browser opens a special page on Internet Video Converter. Locate the presence of the link (if the links page with several videos). Right-click on the link and select "Save Target As". Enter a file name being careful to add the extension ". FLV.
- The video is now available on your disk to the designated location when entering the file name in the previous step. To read it you can either double-clicking from Windows Explorer (if the necessary codecs are installed), or by using IVC (no third party software required).
- To read a file, click Select video. Select the file you just downloaded. Click the Play button.
How to capture streaming videos from the Internet