Once you installed the operating system in VirtualBox, it is recommended to install the client additions.
These are drivers to install in the virtual machine to improve operations such as:
- Faster graphics display
- Sharing the clipboard
- Directories shared between virtual machine and machine real
- Better management of the cursor
Here's how to install the additions clients in an Ubuntu based virtual machine.
- Go to "Devices"> "Install client additions ..."
- The CD icon should appear on the desktop.
- Open it and copy all files in that folder you created in your home directory. (eg ~ / drivers)
- Then open a terminal and go into this directory.
- Switch to root by typing: sudo-s
- Make the installation script executable by typing: chmod u+x VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
- Then run the installation by typing: ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
- Allow the installation to continue.
- Then restart Ubuntu.
- A small icon will tell you that the support of the cursor is active (meaning that the customer additions are installed).
- You can now enter and retrieve the cursor from the VirtualBox window without having to press the right CTRL button
This document, titled « VirtualBox: Installing client additions under Ubuntu », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM