A wet PC is a dead one

Wet a PC can be saved, provided you have the good reflexes!

You just spill water on your computer: a disaster that happens regularly, do not despair, your PC is not dead either.

If you just spill water on your computer, consider that you have about 5 to 10 seconds to take the proper actions.

Immediately turn off the computer power: for a desktop immediately disconnect the power plug, if it's a laptop remove the battery. Don't event consider going through the Start Menu > Shutdown or press and hold the power button. All these methods take too long!
  • Put your computer in a position that will optimize the evaporation of water and clean off the water retained in the by the casing.
  • Now you just have to wait ....According to room temperature and the gravity of the situation, it takes between 1 and 24 hours.
  • Tried and tested method with water and coffee.

Please note: Windows 7 has a security system that detects any short circuits and the computer will turn off immediately to avoid serious consequences.
Published by jad05. Latest update on December 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM by jad05.
This document, titled "A wet PC is a dead one," is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (https://ccm.net/).
Myth - WiFi is a health hazard
Myth? A Jpeg file can contain a virus