I have an error message on my (Brother DCP-750CW) printer : Error 46 Initial..failed!
Reset counter for Brother DCP / MFC / FAX:
- Turn on the machine, then:
- Press 'Menu / Set ',' Mono Start' and 'Menu / Set ',' Mono Start' in less than 5s.
- "MAINTENANCE 10" is displayed and the two buttons flash ("fax" and "copy") in green
- Press the Up button to switch to "Maintenance 80" and press the 'Mono Start" followed by "Menu / Set" button
- Scroll to the "PURGE". (purge is followed by a value, no matter the value)
- And then enter the code 2783 (you will hear a beep and the counter resets to 0)
- Press 'Stop / Exit 'to confirm.
- Disconnect the power cable from the machine and reconnect after 5 seconds.