By default the vertical blank sync feature of XBMC is permanently in use and even if XBMC is idle,
this feature requires some CPU resources. You can configure XBMC to make use of vertical blank sync only during video playback:
- Open XBMC
- Go to System > Video Output
- Next to "Vertical blank sync" select "Enabled during video playback"
- Close the System Settings pane.
- XBMC - Enable vertical blank sync during video playback only
- XBMC - Enable hardware acceleration during video playback - How-To - Multimedia
- Winamp - Disable Screen saver during video playback - How-To - Winamp
- How to Lock the Touch Screen During Video Playback on Samsung Galaxy Tab - How-To - Hardware
- UMPlayer - Small arrows displayed upon video playback - How-To - UMPlayer
- XBMC - Enable Playlist at startup - How-To - Multimedia