- I have Sims 3 instaled on my PC and wanted to install the expansion game. The problem is that the expansion come with another regional code that doesn't coincide with the main game.
- The expansion set is for Europe and the main game is for the US.
- I need help and change the regional code.
- Go to Start > Run > type "regedit" to open the registry editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/SIMS/IMS 3.
- On the right you will see a file called SKU,
- Double click to edit and replace the hex value displayed by 2.
- Save your settings and restart your PC
- Try to install the game expansion again.
- Sims 3 - Regional code for expansion/main game
- Sims 3 ambitions code ✓ - Forum - The Sims
- Sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current expansion pack ✓ - Forum - The Sims
- Sims 3 game crashing ✓ - Forum - The Sims
- The sims 3 supernatural java game - Forum - The Sims
- Sims 3 crashes when loading saved game ✓ - Forum - The Sims
This document, titled « Sims 3 - Regional code for expansion/main game », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).