- I have Sims 3 instaled on my PC and wanted to install the expansion game. The problem is that the expansion come with another regional code that doesn't coincide with the main game.
- The expansion set is for Europe and the main game is for the US.
- I need help and change the regional code.
- Go to Start > Run > type "regedit" to open the registry editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/SIMS/IMS 3.
- On the right you will see a file called SKU,
- Double click to edit and replace the hex value displayed by 2.
- Save your settings and restart your PC
- Try to install the game expansion again.