Despite the deletion of the "Links" folder in favorites, this one is regenerated automatically when you restart the computer.
There are two distinct ways to get rid of the Links folder favorites.
Hiding Links folder
The first solution will aim to make the Links folder invisible.
This will make the folder inaccessible, but without any modifications the registry. It is possible to restore it if necessary.
- Show bookmarks from Internet Explorer.
- Right-click on the Links folder and select Properties.
- Check the Hidden attribute on the General tab.
- Apply and validate with OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer the Links folder will be gone!
To display the Links folder again, simply uncheck "hidden attribute".
Find its location and access the Links folder since:
- My Computer/C:/Documents and Settings/Username/Favorites/Links folder
Permanently delete thefolder
This second method consists in deleting the folder by changing its value from the registry editor.
- Start <Run <Enter regedit <OK.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- Double click on the channel Links Folder Name.
- Under "Value data", remove the links (the field must be empty).
- Confirm OK and close the registry editor.
- Delete (again) the links directory of your Favorites.
- After restarting the computer, this one has really disappeared.
- Internet Explorer - Clean up the links from your Favorites
- Internet Explorer - Close unused folders in History and Favorite - How-To - Internet Explorer
- Url Links in my email using Internet Explorer ✓ - Forum - Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge
- Link not open in Internet explorer ✓ - Forum - Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge
- Internet explorer 10 for windows 10 - Download
- Internet explorer history - Guide