I have column A in datasheet 1 which has a list of names.
In Column A of datasheet 2 I have a much longer list of names. Some of the names are in both columns from both sheets. I am looking for a formula that will produce in column A of datasheet 3 the names that appear only in sheet 2.
In sheet2 in B2 (row one is column headings in both sheets)
- Type this formula
- While writing the formula take the cursor to sheet1 and draw it whole data range in column A so that
will be correct range.
- convert these references to absolute ref.
- Copy B2 down .
- The easy way is take the cursor to right bottom B2 when cursor changes into bold plus sign.
- Click on the + sign.
- Now filter sheet according to column B criteria being "NO" .
- In the filtered data copy column A and paste it in sheet 3.
Thanks to Venkat1926 for this tip.
This document, titled « Excel - Comparing columns from different sheets », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM