What's more annoying than being forced to manually activate the keypad each time you start Windows!
This trick allows you to lock it automatically each time you boot.
Attention should be followed in handling the letter!
Mishandling in the registry can be catastrophic for your system. This means that neither the webmaster of this site (www.commentcamarche.net) nor the site itself, neither the author of these lines can not be held liable for any damages and malfunctions of your computer.
Before any manipulation, it is advisable to make a backup of the registry.
With a file (very simple) Open notepad and copy and paste this code inside:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
the file with the extension .Reg
You must enclose the filename in quotes, otherwise the file will be saved as activnum.reg.txt. You can also select "All Files (*.*)" from the dropdown list" type of file "
- Back on the desktop (Windows key + D
), and run
the file (by double-clicking on it).
- Accept the merger in the register.
By editing the registry (More complicated and risky)
- Click on Start
> type regedit
- Confirm by clicking OK
- Expand the tree (folders on the left) to access the subkey
- Click on this key.
- Identify the named value InitialKeyboardIndicators in the main window.
- If it does not create a new String Value with the name.
- Make a right click on it and choose Edit.
- Enter Value data value 2 to disable the numeric keypad.
- Save changes, close the registry and restart if necessary