If one is using the new video format RMVB, or the RealMedia Variable Bitrate file format, they will need to have the required software to read and use this file format. The kinds of software that support the RMVB file format are RealMedia Player and Real Alternative.
Both of these kinds of software can be downloaded from the internet. If the user has a file in the RMVB format, but does not have the software to play this format, they can use certain software converters to convert the file into AVI or WAV or Mpeg file formats. One of the useful software converters is EO video.
How to Read RMVB file
RMVB is the acronym used for RealMedia Variable Bitrate. RMVB is the new video format that bears the extension upgrading from RealMedia multimedia container format.
You must have the adequate software to read this kind of file and they are available for download through the following links:
- RealMedia Player
- Download Link: https://download.cnet.com/
- Real Alternative
There are also free RMVB software converters available that will allow you to convert this type of file into AVI/Mpeg/WAV files.
For now, I suggest you make use of EO Video.
Download Link: https://www.eo-video.com/download/download.htm
- 1. When download is complete, install the software on your system.
- 2. After installation, open EO Video.
- 3. Select "File" and choose "Extension manger" from the list.
- 4. When the new window opens, browse for RealMedia from the list.
- 5. Got to its extension and select the correct file.
- 6. Hence enter "rmvb" and when you are done, choose "Close".
- 7. Browse for the RMVB file and drag it into the section labeled "Playlist".
- 8. In the bottom left corner of the window, click on the button labeled as "Converter button".
- 9. Choose the right format that you want the file to be converted to and when done, click on the "output" button.
- 10. Don't forget to browse for the destination path of the file and the new file name.
- 11. When done, click on the "Convert" button and confirm by pressing the "Start" button.
Image: © Arian Darvishi - Unsplash.com
- How To Read a RealMedia Variable (RMVB) Bitrate File
- While read line bash variable - How-To - Bash
- How to Read and Create BIN and CUE files - How-To - Hardware
- How to get rid of reading list sidebar - How-To - Safari
- Ps3 won't read disc - How-To - PS3
- The ____________ transports memory addresses which the processor wants to access in order to read or write data) - Articles