A simple manipulation that allows you to convert a track from your iTunes library to a ringtone for your iPhone.
- Open iTunes Preferences.
- Click on "Import Settings" and select "AAC Encoder", click "OK".
Creating a ringtone (M4R):
- Launch iTunes and choose an artist and music.
- Right click on the selected music and "Get Info".
- A window opens.
- Go to the "Options" tab.
- Check stop time, set to 0:30 seconds (or a shorter period) and click on OK.
- Make right click again on the selected music entry and choose "Create AAC Version".
- You can see your conversion to AAC format being performed.
- Right click on the new AAC track and "Show in Finder" (PC: Windows Explorer) to find it easily. As you can see your converted file has the .M4A extension
- Change the extension ". M4A" to ". M4R".
- Double click on the M4R file, it will open in iTunes and will be added to your ring tones list.
- Sync with your iPhone.
- Create a ringtone for your iPhone with iTunes
- Create a Ringtone From a Song for Android - How-To - Android
- Download Ringtones for Your iPhone - How-To - iPhone
- How To - Manage your iPod and iPhone without iTunes - How-To - iPod
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, iPhone, on PC - Guide
- How to increase the ringtone volume on iphone - How-To - Android
This document, titled « Create a ringtone for your iPhone with iTunes », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).