After using an Infected USB drive, there's removable disk drive icon permanently displayed in the system tray. How to get rid of it ?
1. Download USB Fix to your desktop (choose server 2 for English)
2. Connect all of your removal drives including Pendrive
3. Double clisk on the icon
4. Choose option 2
5. Your PC will reboot
6. Leave the tool run
7. After clean-up a report will be located : C:\UsbFix.txt
Thanks to Ambucias for this tip.
- Windows - Remove faulty removable disk drive icon
- Windows unable to complete disk drive format ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- How to remove disk write protection on flash drive - How-To - USB
- Windows Vista - Removing the lock icon from the Start menu - How-To - Windows Vista
- Pen drive gives error: please insert a disk into removable disk ✓ - Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card
- Removal disk need to format the disk in drive H ✓ - Forum - Hardware