Sometimes no Windows Update appears after the installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3. This happens as the Windows update has not been registered or enabled by Windows XP SP3. The user must log in as the administrator or have administrator rights to solve the issue. To register the Windows update, some DLLs of the operating system have to be registered manually. The rgscvr32 has to be run to enable the Windows update on the system. The wups2.dll in the system folders must be enabled or registered with the command to execute the Windows update with the Windows XP SP3.
No Windows Update with Windows XP SP3
After installing Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Update won't work.
Windows XP Service Pack 3 installs a new version of Windows Update, but forgets to register it. Try the following:
Log on as administrator, and run cmd.exe before issuing the following commands:
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
Now try again.
Thanks to ziggy for this tip
- No Windows Update with Windows XP SP3
- Windows xp sp3 cannot connect to internet ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Limited or no connectivity windows xp sp3 - How-To - Windows
- Driver sound windows xp sp3 ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Can't connect to internet ✓ - Forum - Network
- Internet explorer 9 windows xp sp3 ✓ - Forum - Windows XP