Hide a server in My Network places for Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista
It may happens that for some security reasons you may want to "hide" a machine on the network, making it invisible for persons accessing their .This is especially good on a corporate network,allowing you to hide a sensitive server.
By default the value "hidden", for net config server is No. To change it:
- Start/ Run/ cmd/Ok
- Under Vista, you have to open the command prompt with administrator rights: "Start", "All Programs" "Accessories" and right click on "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator ".
- The command prompt opens, you enter the command:
net config server /hidden:yes
- Then press "Enter"
- A message indicates that the change for hidden value has been correctly performed.
- Hide a server in My Network places
- Unable to ping server on same network - How-To - Network
- Ubuntu server reset network settings - How-To - Ubuntu
- Sony entertainment network connection to server timed out ✓ - Forum - PS3/PS4
- Networking: 3-Tier Client/Server Architecture - Articles
- The client/server networking environment is - Articles