These "real-time" search engines connected to the popular social networks are tools of choice to listen to what is being said about your brand, to get the latest news, and find interesting topics to fuel your editorial content. Presentation of a selection of these tools.
Real-time Search engines: features
- Get the latest information and trends (bloggers, webmasters, marketing professionals).
- Monitor online reputation (follow what is said about your brand/products) over social networks.
- Identify influencers and opinion leaders in your field.
Real-time Search engines: A short list
offers several filter options, you can perform search selectively (blogs, websites, images and videos, bookmarking sites, social networks) over fifty social sites (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Wikio, Stumbleupon, Wordpress, Youtube, Netvibes, Blogpulse, Slidehsare, etc.. ).
- Social Mentions also allows you to manage your online reputation.
- Create e-mail alerts by keywords (based on the principle of Google Alerts)
- Filter search by date/hour
- Export search results in CSV format
- RSS feed subscription
searches the social media in real time and provides a complete view of activity around a particular keyword (or keywords), the distribution of sources (blogs, social web) and evaluates the degree of influence of a web site about a particular topic.
- Results page listing the sources (more than 1,5 million) per category.
- Search by multilingual keywords (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Spanish etc..)
- Graphical representation of data (charts): distribution of sources, trend around a keyword, type of user....
- Selection of videos that match popular topics
has the particularity to highlight search results from Google's social network Google +, and allows you to monitor the most influential websites (webzines, news sites). It also supports search on Twitter and bookmarking platforms (eg digg).
Among its features:
- Real-time search on influential/leading sites.
- Refinement: Allows you to exclude words from the search, search within a specific domain name, in the flow of a Twitter user, in several languages.
- Find photos and videos shared in real time on the social web
- Search by keywords on Google Plus (public posts)
identifies the most popular topics (URL) shared on Twitter by topics (science, technology, entertainment, etc..), during a particular time interval (last 24 hours, past week).
It does not offer search by keywords, but identifies the most relevant sources, based on the number of RT (retweets) they enjoyed on Twitter.
is connected to Twitter, Facebook, and also allows you to perform search using keywords on blogs.