According to a study conducted by Ad4screeen, the specialist in mobile marketing services, B2C mobile applications don't make full use of the push notification technology offered by Apple devices. It represents a potential marketing channel that can allow companies to send messages to the holders of applications.
Only 47% of the first 150 applications from the french AppStor offer to send push notifications, "an essential channel for retaining the holders of applications" according to Ad4screen, encouraging them to discover new functionality, content updates..etc
The push notification service your Apple device is optional (can be enabled, disabled), and reserved for messages of loyalty, out of advertising.
Among the main results on the use of push notification service by operators of mobile applications:
- 11% have sent a push 24h after the downloading of the application
- 14% have sent a push three days the downloading of the application
- 15% have a push sent 15 days the downloading of the application
- 17% have a push sent 30 the downloading of the application
The press release by Ad4screen.
- Mobile applications: the push notification, an underused marketing channel!
- Mobile applications download - How-To - Mobile
- Nokia N9 - Disable Push Notifications - How-To - Nokia
- Mobile data is off notification - Guide
- Pinterest push notifications - How-To - Android
- With which application do you download games and apps in android mobiles? - Guide