I have downloaded several applications for my Nokia N9, but my phone won't let me install them. What can be done to handle this issue?
By default the Nokia N9 allows only the installation of software downloaded from the Nokia Store. To be able to install and use third party applications on your
phone, you must first enable a certain option. Here's the procedure:
- From the Home screen > Tap on Settings > Applications.
- Once in the "Manage applications" menu, select "Installations".
- Check "Allow installations from non-Store sources"
- Your new settings will be automatically saved.
- Tap on the back button twice to return to the home screen.
This document, titled « Nokia N9 - Unable to install third party softwares », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM