The publication of videos is a good way to supplement the income of a website or e-commerce activity. Tutorials, reports, timelines, or artistic films are part of the content may generate revenue on the web.But are the online platforms to monetize your video contents and what rules are to be enforced?
In all cases:
- Avoid any copyright infringement, by publishing original contents and avoiding to include in the video, elements (e.g audio tracks) protected by copyright.
- Focus on quality content and protect it with a watermark: that is to say, the contents that represent and enhance your personal brand/business. Protect your video with a watermark (e.g the URL of the website).
- SEO for videos on search engines: good selection of video titles (avoid "misleading" titles), keywords must entered in the descriptive fields (meta tags).
- Publish on different communication channel: blogs, social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and LinkedIn, but also social bookmaking websites (e.g Delicious).
- If enrolled in sponsored links program: do not click on your own ads, or artificially increase the number of views.
Via the "Partner Program
" allows Youtube video creators to monetize their content by including the sponsored links from Google "Adsense".
- Create a Google Account to login automatically to Youtube.
- Create a YouTube channel where you can publish your videos.
- For the first three months, duration of uploaded video are limited to fifteen minutes.
- To upload the video (before that, read the instructions for encoding videos to Youtube compatible format): add a title, description and keywords (tags).
- Select a category and desired visibility mode (public).
- Choose the license to publish your video to protect your copyright.
- Enable activation of comments.
- Allow the integration of the video on other sites.
To start monetizing your videos on Youtube (and especially to raise revenues), it is necessary to create a Google Adsense account (using Gmail credentials used to *create the account and YouTube channel). You will need to enter the different elements (e.g credit card details) to collect advertising revenue based on a certain threshold.
- Once the Google Adsense account created, go to your YouTube account and click on "Monetization" (in the video manager), then "Activate my account".
- It is then possible to choose to monetize videos: they must meet the above criteria, to enable the display of sponsored links.
- Remuneration is variable and depends on the number of page views and number of clicks. The frequency at which the publications are made is an important factor to increase revenues.
Some online images and videos banks, such as Fotolia and iStockphoto, allow authors to be paid by a commission for each video/images hosted, the amountdepends on various factors (number of downloads and therefore credits subscribers spent).
Published by deri58
Latest update on September 22, 2012 at 07:57 AM by deri58.