When I click on a video on Youtube, it does not appear immediately, I have to wait about 10 minutes before playback starts. What can be done?
Try the below solutions to optimize video playback/streaming:
- Disabled all anti pop-ups of your toolbars or software that would may block contents.
- Create an exception for http://www.youtube.com/ in your antivirus and firewall settings.
- In Internet Options, deleted temporary files: General Tab > Delete temporary files. For Firefox: Tools> Options> Advanced> Network> Cache: click on "Clear Now"> click "OK"
- In Internet Options, allows cookies: Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Allow cookies.For Firefox: Tools> Options> Privacy> Accept cookies.
- In Internet Options, accept the Active X: Start> Control Panel> Internet Options> Security> Internet> Custom Level
- Under "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" check "Fast" under "Download signed ActiveX controls"
- Under "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" and "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting" - check "Enable".
- Make sure you also have the latest version of Java installed:http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp.
- Also download the latest version of Flash Player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Thanks to Marie-Joe
for this tip.
This document, titled « Youtube - Slow video loading time », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM