Changing the settings of a POP3 or IMAP account
At some point you may require to change the settings of a mail account and this may due to several reasons:
- the password assigned by your ISP has changed.
- the mail server or the security settings have changed.
- you want to customize settings, such as how your name is displayed to other users.
Proceed as follows to access the account, you want to edit:
- Click the File menu.
- In the Info tab, click Account Settings, then click Account Settings again.
- Select the email account in of your choice and click Edit.
Change the password for the email account
- If you want to change the password that allows access to your mail server, follow the instructions provided by your ISP or email administrator. Once you have change the password of your mail server, change the saved password in Outlook account settings.
- Under Log-on Information, in the Password box, type either the password you received from your ISP or your email administrator or the password that you defined yourself. If you do not want to be prompted to enter the password for your email account every time you send or receive messages, check the Remember password box.
Change your email address
Sometimes, the domain name of your messaging service can be changed. For example, yourname@ISP.com can be changed to yourname@ISP.fr.
- Under User Information in the Email address box, type your full email address, as communicated to you by your mail administrator or ISP.
- Click Settings.
- In the General menu, under Other user information, verify that your email address is correct.
Change the mail server
It may sometime happens that the address of the server you connect to send and receive e-mail is change.
- You must update the server address in your account settings.
- Under Server Information, in the Incoming mail server box, type the name of the server provided by your ISP.