I'm unable to restart the RPC service, instead the following error message:
"Unable to start the service remote procedure call (RPC). Error 1058: The service can not be started because it is disabled or no enabled devices associated with it"
The first step is to close Windows Explorer:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to access Task Manager.
- Select the explorer.exe process, and then click End Process.
Open the registry:
- Click the menu File / New Task (Run ...)
- In the Open box, type regedit.
- In the registry, go to:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\0001\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ROOT\LEGACY_RPCSS\0000.
- This entry checks if the LEGACY_RPCSS servuce enabled or disabled in the default hardware profile (0000).
- In the right pane, edit a DWORD value named CSConfigFlags and enter in the Data text box value as 0.
- In this way the RPC service is enabled in the default hardware profile.
- At the next reboot, the problem will be solved.
Thanks to JDP
for this tip.