If you are receiving the message "Fatal Error: Could not create output file 'C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Projects\Project1.exe'" when trying to run Delphi 7 on Windows 7, fear not as we have a workaround solution. Follow the steps below.
Solution For Fatal Error: Cannot create output file "project1.exe" on Delphi 7
The easiest solution is to avoid installing Delphi in C:\Program Files.
Image: © 123RF.com
- Alternatively go to Delphi installation directory :
- C:\Program File\Borland\Delphi folder
- Look for the Bin directory
- Right Click > Properties > Security Tab
- Select your user and "Allow Full Control to Permissions"