Each time Windows 8.1 resumes from sleep/standby mode, you are prompted to enter your password to access your current session. This protection mechanism can be disabled, through simple procedures:
- First open the Control Panel (Windows key + X > Control Panel)
- Go to Power Options > Click on the "Require password on wakeup" link.
- You shall be prompted to enter the password for the current user account
- In the section named "Password protection on wakeup", select "Don't require a password".
- From the Start Screen, open the Charms Bar (Windows key + C):
- Go to Settings > Change PC settings.
- Go to Accounts > Sign-in Options.
- In the "Password Policy" section, click on the "Change" button to get "Password is not required when waking this PC from Sleep"
Original document published by Carlos-vialfa
This document, titled « Windows 8.1 - Disable the password protection on wakeup », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM