In this tutorial we shall see to easily set up a home video streaming server, allowing you to view videos stored on your PC , directly on your iOS/Android devices, via your Wi-fi connection.
We will make use of the Air Playit
program, which allows you to stream videos from PC to Apple devices. Air Playit can read any type of video formats and no conversion is required.
For this tip, we shall be using:
On your PC: download and install Air Playit Server
- Download Air Playit Server and install it on your PC. Installation is simple, double click on airplayitserver_setup.exe and follow the instructions.
- After installation you will have access the program interface (click Register Later)
- Click on the Shared folder tab and set up your Shared Video Library, by adding the folders containing you videos:
On your iPad iPhone: download and install Air Playit HD - Streaming Video
- Download and install the Air Playit HD client on your iDevice.
- Open the App
- Tap on the Add Local Server > select your server
- Once synced , go to the Video section and select your video.
Original document published by Carlos-valfa.
Published by deri58
Latest update on November 26, 2012 at 04:03 AM by deri58.