It is often convenient to have another email account in addition to our main account, e.g to distinguish between your professional and personal mails. But how to achieve this using in single email account?
Outlook.com allows us to create an alias, with is a secondary an email account linked to our main account. You can send and receive emails with this account, but always from the mailbox (inbox, outbox ) of the primary account.
How to create an alias?
- Sign-in to your Outlook.com
- Click the gear-shaped button located in the upper right corner and select "More mail settings"
- In the "Managing your account" account click on "Create an Outlook alias"
- Enter the email address prefix you want to use and click on "Create Alias"
- Choose whether you want to create a dedicated folder for your alias:
- In this case the new folder will added to the "Folders" pane of Outlook.com main interface.
Send emails from your alias
- To send an email with the alias only requires that you change the sender of the mail (by default the email address of your main account).
- In your inbox, click on "New"
- Click the arrow next to your email address and select your alias
- The emails sent to your alias can be viewed directly via the respective folder.