There are hundreds of Linux distributions and thousands of packages exists too, here's how to find those for Mageia Linux!
Mageia is a Linux distribution. This is a community project, supported by the association of law 1901.
It is based on Mandrivaet was launched in 2010.
MADB: Mageia Application DataBase is an online search tool for linux packages, it lists all the packages for the different distributions, by different categories (free, non-free, backport ...).
It allows you to perform searches based on several criteria.
Simply log on to the site: http://madb.mageia.org/
You can use the menu on your right to select the category of your choice:
You can also use the search field and apply filters to refine your search:
- Distribution: select the version of the distribution
- Show only applications: applications only
- Show all packages: shows all packages (applications, libraries....)
- Arch: Depending on the architecture (i586 = 32 bits or x86_64 = 64 bits)
Click on More to access more search filters:
If the package is not displayed, it simply means that it doesn't exist, otherwise it will be listed below.
In our example:
gnome-desktop-2.32.1-2.mga2.x86_64.rpm (Mageia 2, x86_64 media, core-release) Install
- The package: gnome-desktop
- The version: 2.32.1
- This is the second revision of the package: -2.
- Made for Mageia 2 64bit: mga2.x86_64.rpm et Mageia 2, x86_64
- It is located: media, media, core-release
- If the package matches the distribution, then click on Install.
Note that the Mageia team made several derivatives:
This explorer is available under the Affero General Public License
, the source is available on the official website: http://www.madb.org