Here below, you will learn how to configure repositories for installations, updates .... for your Mageia Linux OS.
- You must know the root password (Administrator).
- Your PC must be connected to the internet.
The Mageia Control Center regroups all the options for configuring your system.
It is accessible from the Tools menu of your desktop:
The root password will be required:
Once entered and validated, you have access to the Control center:
In the right column, go to Manage software.
In the left section click on "Configure media sources for install and updates".
- In the windows that opens, you have the choice between "Update sources only" or "Full set of sources".
- Click on "Update sources only".
- The system will request access to your Internet connection
- The list of Repositories will be updated
- Once your repositories database is configured, simply perform an update.
Published by jak58
Latest update on December 13, 2012 at 08:34 AM by noctambule28.