I'm unable to change the color or theme under Windows (Personalization > Window Color and Appearance ). What can be done?
Follow the below procedure:
- Click on Start > Search > msconfig.
- Right-click > "Run As Administrator"
- Go to the Services Tab
- Verifiy if the checkboxes next to "Themes" and "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" are ticked.
- Click on OK
- Click on Start > Search "services"
- In the Services dialog look for following entries "Themes" and "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager"
- Check if these services are "running"
- In the other case, right-click > Start > Startup Type set to "Automatic".
Thanks to cluelessgeek for this tip.
- Windows - Unable to change color or theme?
- Change color of taskbar windows 7 - How-To - Windows 7
- Notepad++ change color theme - How-To - Text editor
- Windows 8.1 - Prevent Users from Changing the Desktop Theme - How-To - Windows 8
- Change colors windows 10 ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Unable to change date format in excel ✓ - Forum - Excel
This document, titled « Windows - Unable to change color or theme? », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).