Canonical has unveiled a new mobile operating system based on Ubuntu, the popular Linux distribution.
Terminals available in 2014
- Ubuntu Phone includes by default a SMS and e-mails manager. It also allows the control of a camera and associated galleries. It also comes with a music player and a mapping service.
- Being an Open-source OS, the code will soon be shared with the developers so that they can develop their own applications.
- The OS is compatible with all Android devices, allowing your for example to synchronize data in case of migration.
- The editor will now have to negotiate with manufacturers and find partners to distribute the new OS. The first Ubuntu Phone terminals shall be available early 2014.
- Discover Ubuntu Phone: http://youtu.be/cpWHJDLsqTU.
Original document publised on CommentcaMarche.net
Published by jak58
Latest update on January 3, 2013 at 05:45 AM by jak58.