With a simple configuration of Windows Media Player, you can easily access the media stored on your PC from other devices connected to the same local network. Thus, you can access your photos, music and videos stored on your PC from Apple devices (iPhone and iPad), Android, another PC or a Smart TV . In the case of mobile phones or tablets, it is also necessary to install an application an application like iMediaShare Lite.
Configure Windows Media Player
- Click Start> All Programs> Windows Media Player
- Click Stream, and then select Automatically allow devices to play my media.
- In the Allow All Media Devices window, click "Automatically allow all computers and media devices".
Download and install iMediaShare on your iPhone
Download iMediaShare Lite on your mobile:
iMediaShare Lite for iOS
iMediaShare Lite for Android
Accessing your media content
- Launch iMediaShare Lite
- In the main application screen, go to "Custom" and click on "Home Network".
- In the "Servers" list, the available media servers will be listed.
- Select "Windows Media Player".
- You photos, music and videos stored on your PC will be displayed in the right pane.
This document, titled « iMediaShare Lite - Access media content stored on your PC via your Android/iOS mobile », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM