How to find the serial number of a peripheral
When looking for the driver of a peripheral/hardware component (sound card, network card, webcam, graphics card, etc..), it may be useful to retrieve its identification number/serial number.
The procedure is explained below:
- Open the Run tab (Windows + R).
- Type the following command and press Enter:
- The Device Manager opens.
- Select the device of your choice, right-click > "Properties".
- Go to the "Details" tab.
- Click the drop-down menu and select "Hardware Ids".
- Right-click on the ID number > Copy.
- HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_18491E01&REV_10004 (Realtek High Definition Audio Chipset)
- PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1026&SUBSYS_82261043&REV_B0 (Atheros Network card)
- USB\VID_04F2&PID_B012&REV_0346&MI_00 (Chicony webcam)
Published by jak58
Latest update on August 27, 2014 at 07:53 AM by jak58.